Shock and disbelief
Expressing shock and disbelief
It is sometimes difficult to say how you feel in unexpected situations, such as natural disasters, bad news .., especially when you feel sad.
Here’s a list of some common expressions to help you express
- and disbelief.
I was shocked to hear…
taken aback by…
… came as a complete shock. I’m in
- I was shocked to hear the news.
- I was stunned / taken aback by the news
- I was completely taken aback by his behaviour.
- I was just stunned by her clothes.
- The news came as a complete shock.
- We’re all in complete shock.
- I just can’t believe he won the race.
- It’s unbelievable that they got married
- I just can’t imagine they were able to get along with each other.