Pretend you’re a real estate agent, showing a five million dollar home to a nationally known sports star. This sports star and his beautiful actress wife really like the house. If the sale is made, the commission will allow you to buy a new luxury car and pay off a lot of bills. As the sale is about to be closed, the athlete’s cell phone rings and his smile turns to a frown. He has just been traded and will be leaving town. He relays the message to his wife who breaks down and cries. Question: how old is the real estate person? Give up? It’s not a trick. You might want to re-read the scenario. It says pretend you are a real estate
Archive for the ‘Listening skills’ Category
June 14th, 2009 No comments
- Topic 16: Should schools raise money by selling candy and sugary soft drinks to students?
- Topic 15: Should students have to pass a basic skills test to graduate high school?
- Topic 14: Should students’ textbooks be replaced by notebook computers?
- Topic 13:Should not wearing a seatbelt be illegal?
- Topic 12: Should illegal immigrants be allowed to get drivers licenses?
- Topic11: Should students be paid for having good grades?
- Topic10: Should the driving age be raised to twenty-one?
- Topic 9: Should the voting age be lowered to thirteen?
- Topic 8:Should marijuana be legal for medicinal purposes?
- Topic 7: Should students be required to take Spanish classes?
- Topic 6: Should all American citizens have to complete a year of community service?
- Topic 5: Should state colleges be free to attend?
- Topic 4: Should the elderly receive free bus rides?
- Topic 3: Should college athletes be paid for playing?
- Topic 2: Should students have to wear uniforms?
- Topic 1: Should students be allowed to have cell phones in elementary and high schools?
- 5 Tips About Writing with Rhythm
- 7 English Speaking Tips You Must Know
- Conversations on the Phone
List of Subjects
accent traning Apologizing Asking Career cell phones certainty Classifying college athletes community service Conversations directions elementary schools English Pronunciation English Speaking Level A english speaking online free Entertainment Expressing expressions Family high schools Internet Introduce Knowledge LevelA Level B levelc Life ListeningSkills People or personal Persuasive Essay Topics Probability request school Shopping Society Spanish classes speaking speaking activities speaking tips tips Travel uncertainty wear uniforms writing skill writingtips