Pretend you’re a real estate agent, showing a five million dollar home to a nationally known sports star. This sports star and his beautiful actress wife really like the house. If the sale is made, the commission will allow you to buy a new luxury car and pay off a lot of bills. As the sale is about to be closed, the athlete’s cell phone rings and his smile turns to a frown. He has just been traded and will be leaving town. He relays the message to his wife who breaks down and cries. Question: how old is the real estate person? Give up? It’s not a trick. You might want to re-read the scenario. It says pretend you are a real estate
Posts Tagged ‘ListeningSkills’
June 14th, 2009 No comments
- Topic 3: Should college athletes be paid for playing?
- Topic 2: Should students have to wear uniforms?
- Topic 1: Should students be allowed to have cell phones in elementary and high schools?
- 5 Tips About Writing with Rhythm
- 7 English Speaking Tips You Must Know
- Conversations on the Phone
- Shopping expressions
- Asking about and giving directions
- Expressing lack of understanding and asking for clarification
- Expressing certainty and uncertainty
- Making Predictions
- Talking about fear
- Making and responding to a request
- Expressing Possibility
- Expressing Probability
- Talking about cause and effect
- Agreement, Partial Agreement And Disagreement
- Expressing Hope
List of Subjects
accent traning Apologizing Asking Career cell phones certainty Classifying college athletes Conversations directions elementary schools English Pronunciation English Speaking Level A english speaking online free Entertainment Expressing expressions Family high schools Internet Introduce Knowledge LevelA Level B levelc Life ListeningSkills People or personal Persuasive Essay Topics Probability request school Shopping Society speaking speaking activities speaking tips tips Travel uncertainty wear uniforms writing skill writingtips